As always, this time in the Jewish calendar, we are either celebrating a holiday, getting ready to celebrate a holiday or recovering from a holiday. Sukkot begins tonight.
But in between being in synagogue and recovering from all of the prep I have gotten a little bit of work done.
Sukkot begins tonight. We only have one challah left from the batch I made before Rosh HaShanah. We will have that very last challah and since we are obligated to have two loaves on the Shabbat table I made a batch of rye rolls for the second loaf.
spinach kugel.
I can't swear exactly what spices I put in it but there were four eggs and some grated up challah, (in place of the more usual matza meal).
The image showed up on my Facebook feed this morning. I wish I could credit the brilliant creator. it just made me laugh so hard.
Forgive me, it is so inside baseball that it is difficult to translate and explain . Or more honestly it would require pages and pages of explanations that would wear you out by the time you got to the end. Trust me...it's funny.






Comments
Post a Comment
I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.