Yesterday I gave myself a reward day and went to visit the museum at FIT. My big projects of the summer were completed and delivered. I cooked for the high holidays. We got ready for our trip to Israel--- ( and all the adventures that ensued. We are, like everyone, else obsessed by the news but I really wanted to take a break and visit the museum.
I love the Moschino garments from this era. The garment shapes are so classic and the embellishments are so delightful. The Chanel skirt below is supposed to resemble napkins . I love the dinnerplate purse.
A segment of the exhibit was devoted to clothing made out of food products.
Shabbat Shalom.
The current exhibit is called Food and Fashion. You can enter the exhibit virtually here.
The upstairs exhibition spaces are being prepared for new exhibits so it was just the downstairs gallery.
It's always a treat to see wonderful clothes. This particular exhibition seemed ( excuse the expression) only half baked. The concept was great on paper and then the curators sort of ran out of ideas.
There were lots of garments by Moschino, as one might expect.
I love the Moschino garments from this era. The garment shapes are so classic and the embellishments are so delightful. The Chanel skirt below is supposed to resemble napkins . I love the dinnerplate purse.
There were garments printed with images of food.
| This sweater is decorated with an intarsia image of shtrudel---a comfort sweater designed by Rachel Antonoff during COVID |
A segment of the exhibit was devoted to clothing made out of food products.
| The sequins on this dress are made out of gelatin--beautiful but unstable in damp conditions. |
There was a section of the exhibit devoted to dinner dresses, tea dresses and cocktail dresses. While the garments were pretty this felt like the filler portion of the exhibit---rather like too many breadcrumbs in meatballs...or too much Hamburger Helper and not enough actual meat.
Here are some other uncategorized goodies.
This has been my earworm all week.
The text is Psalm 119
זְכֹר-דָּבָר לְעַבְדֶּךָ
עַל אֲשֶׁר יִחַלְתָּנִי
זֹאת נֶחָמָתִי בְעָנְיִי
כִּי אִמְרָתְךָ חִיָּתְנִי
זֵדִים הֱלִיצֻנִי עַד-מְאֹד
מִתּוֹרָתְךָ לֹא נָטִיתִי


Comments
Post a Comment
I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.