Missing in action

 I haven't been posting because I have been hit with Covid again.


This photo was taken my last day out of the house. I wasn't sick just feeling a bit odd.

I'm not as sick as I was earlier in the week. I have been too sick to work and mostly not feeling well enough to even do recreational handwork for more than a couple of moments at a time. Reading has hurt my eyes too much.


I have been watching lots of British home renovation shows on YouTube. They are soothing enough so I can doze on and off through the program. 


If you watch American Home renovation shows you will hear endlessly about subway tile and cheerful grey kitchens. The British solution to every renovation problem is to add an extension to the back of the house with giant bifold glass doors. This extension will always contain a kitchen against one wall a dining table in the center and a couch and a couple of chairs along the wall opposite the kitchen.


Perhaps there are no insects in England but they love opening up those giant bifold glass doors that of course have no screens. I live on the sixth floor in Manhattan and one might think that it is a bit high for mosquitos and flies but that would be wrong.  I would guess that critters of all kinds would find those giant open glass doors really appealing. But perhaps the Brits REALLY love nature in all forms-- even in critter form.


Chanukah came and went.  Most nights I was too wiped to light and I just watched my husband light his Chanukiya.



I am no longer wearing a down vest  topped by a down jacket and huddled under a shearling coat on the couch. My brain is still very small and hopefully will return to regular sized soon.






Comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.