We have been at a funny moment in the move towards springtime. The sky is sunny and bright. Dusk begins later and later but it has been really really cold.
I have spent all week
and I mean, all week removing the layer of lavender cotton from the embroidered wings. All week I have been ruing my decision to mark out the design lines for the tallit stripes in this way.
I have been using a mix of tools, a big needle, a crochet hook a pair of tweezers, and now a pair of needle-nosed pliers to pick out all of the lavender sheeting.
For much of the week, the wing looked like it was attacked by a cat.
My legs have looked like this for much of the week. Knots of threads have migrated all through the apartment.
I have been thinking, as I pick pick pick out all of the sheeting about the many many folk tales where the hero or heroine has a giant task to complete. I also thought about how if I had this task to complete twenty or thirty years ago I would have gone too fast and wrecked my work. So I calmed myself and have been working away, sometimes sitting and standing at other times slowly working my way through the task.
As I type two of the wings are looking pretty much like this.
The end of the task is reachable.
I think that the second set of wings will go more quickly. I have developed some strategies that may speed things along.
Passover is looming. I found a package of stew meat that had been hiding in our freezer.
After breakfast,
it was a stew --in formation. Several hours later it looked more like this.





Comments
Post a Comment
I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.