Cranky/Not Cranky



I would like to start this post with a short list of things that are currently making me cranky.

  • Businesses who comment on this blog but their comments are a list of links to businesses that are not only of zero interest to me but also are of zero interest to any of my readers. Today I woke up to comment with the header "Breaking News" which was a series of links to businesses in Chennai, India.
  • Men that I don't know, and are not connected to anyone in my extended social circle who want to be my friend on Facebook or Instagram. Those requests usually are accompanied by a smarmy pick-up line or several of them. Ick! and even if I were not married, still ICK!
  • The folks who call me every day about my car insurance renewal or my car warranty renewal. I don't own a car. I don't drive. I don't have a driver's license. And by the way, I was actually in the middle of doing something when you called me.
  • The telemarketers who also call me daily who can't be bothered to figure out that a 212 area code is in Manhattan and the likelihood of my being able to get my apartment's energy source changed from gas to solar because of a phone call is zero.


Now, to counter that, a list of things that are making me reasonably happy.
  • The cold and sore throat I have had all week isn't COVID but just a cold.
  • The results of the MRI came backend I am fine.
  •  I bought myself a belt in the thrift store. I love it because it makes me feel like a character in one of the computer games set in vaguely medieval times that my older son likes to play. No, I won't be getting a matching sword and helmet.
  • The sweater I am wearing in this photo. It is an Irish Aran knit bought in a thrift a few years ago. The actual color is closer to neon orange. The sweater is a blend of classic New England and weird. I had avoided wearing it for a few years because it felt just too weird. This year I am embracing this sweater as being exactly right for me...New England but just slightly skewed.

  •  I washed the doilies and they came out beautiful.

  • I made Shabbat dinner. I made idiot chicken, chicken so simple an idiot can make it easily, chicken with herbes de Provence and the juice of two Meyer lemons
 


I put up a pot of chicken soup last night. My husband just walked in with salad stuff so we will have a big green salad as well.

I am ending this post with this sweet children's song for Shabbat.


Shabbat Shalom!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.