Things to do during a Zoom meeting

Like everyone else, I have been spending a fair amount of time in Zoom meetings. I have been spending some of that time doing handwork. I assume that the hum of a sewing machine during a Zoom meeting would drive all of the other participants' batty. Sewing on a machine also necessitated blocking your face which would also be pretty rude during a Zoom session.


I have been working away on embroidering the lettering for Max's atara.  


Satin stitching is not something that I have done often and takes actual concentration. Although I am happily halfway done with the embroidery, this is a task that sometimes takes more focus than I can spare during a meeting where I really have to pay attention.

There is always more than one task on my plate at a time. 

I had made a really simple dress in February.  The fit was weird so I put it away for a few weeks. When I pulled it out and tried it on again I discovered that all of the wonky fit disappeared, as if by magic, if I wore the dress front to back.

I wore the dress fairly often. I discovered while wearing the dress that the knit was so lightweight that the hem stuck to my pantyhose and sometimes would ride up. No, that isn't a good look.

The hem of the dress needed to be weighted down. I remembered a skirt a friend owns that has rows of buttons decorating the hem.  I own lots of buttons.  I picked through one jar and chose small shirt buttons and dumped them into a bowl.

During yesterday's Zoom call I stitched most of the buttons onto the hem of my dress.










The task is now complete. The dress that might have been what my sewing friends call,






  "a wadder", that is, something you wad up and hide until you finally throw it away, is a wadder no more. 




Comments

  1. Absolutely adore your dress fixes! I often wear things front to back too, and this can work wonders. I add a lot of fun buttons, and was musing over adding to a hem. Now I am sure I will. Stay safe. Cathie, near Montreal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wonder what body flaw I have makes most of my dresses work either front to back or back to front. I leave that to the folks smarter about fit than I am. Cathie I am sure you have tons of buttons in your stash.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.