I had planned to post on Friday about the meal I had made for a cousin visiting from Florida. But Shabbat started early and my computer was being cranky about transferring images. The time for candle lighting was getting close so I just stopped.
I was planning to post about the making of this kale, ricotta cheese and goat cheese lasagna made with home made noodles. Yes, it was tasty.
I had also finished this challah cover that was a wedding gift for beloved cousins.
The groom's parents were so incredibly present and caring during my parents' declines. They behaved not like a niece and nephew in law but like another set of siblings.
The groom is one of the kindest people on the planet. I don't know his wife as well, but she made sure that all of the food served at their wedding buffet was served with a menu that listed possible allergens because she had sat next to me at a family wedding a few weeks earlier and saw me have to interrogate the caterer so I wouldn't have to use my epi-pen.
Their wedding was one of the best I have ever attended. It was filled with full-hearted joyful dancing. At one point during the celebration the band tried to stop playing and the guests sang until the band took up their instruments again. We all danced until we were drenched and then danced some more.
So I thought about how fond I am of the bride and the groom as I hand embroidered the center letters.
I got a little fancy with the border.
I used it for the first time on this challah cover. The eagle eyed among you may notice that this fabric was printed slightly off register.
A little time down the internet rabbit hole yielded this treasure in the form of a postcard for sale on Ebay.
This was the first that I knew that there were street-cars along Adams street. Apparently this trolley line was closed down by the 1920's. If any of you can identify exactly where this is, please let me know.
I had some errands to run.
I have been meaning to take a photo of this sign outside the barber shop at 96th Street and Columbus Avenue.
I love how it lets you know that ours is a neighborhood of many cultures.
Hopefully I will continue to get better and need to spend less time on the couch and more time at the sewing machine.
I was planning to post about the making of this kale, ricotta cheese and goat cheese lasagna made with home made noodles. Yes, it was tasty.
I had also finished this challah cover that was a wedding gift for beloved cousins.
The groom's parents were so incredibly present and caring during my parents' declines. They behaved not like a niece and nephew in law but like another set of siblings.
The groom is one of the kindest people on the planet. I don't know his wife as well, but she made sure that all of the food served at their wedding buffet was served with a menu that listed possible allergens because she had sat next to me at a family wedding a few weeks earlier and saw me have to interrogate the caterer so I wouldn't have to use my epi-pen.
Their wedding was one of the best I have ever attended. It was filled with full-hearted joyful dancing. At one point during the celebration the band tried to stop playing and the guests sang until the band took up their instruments again. We all danced until we were drenched and then danced some more.
So I thought about how fond I am of the bride and the groom as I hand embroidered the center letters.
Why yes, it did take a long time. I thought about the bride and the groom the whole time.
I got a little fancy with the border.
I even love the fabric I used to back this challah cover. I bought it last year on Nachalat Binyamin in Tel Aviv. It is fabric printed with verses from the Song of Songs.
I put in some work on Alice's tallit which is due at the end of November. This will be the atara.
A little time down the internet rabbit hole yielded this treasure in the form of a postcard for sale on Ebay.
This was the first that I knew that there were street-cars along Adams street. Apparently this trolley line was closed down by the 1920's. If any of you can identify exactly where this is, please let me know.
I had some errands to run.
My friend Rachely takes beautiful photos of the vegetation in her neighborhood in Bet-Shemesh Israel. She misses the crisp autumns of Boston, so I took these thinking of her.
I have been meaning to take a photo of this sign outside the barber shop at 96th Street and Columbus Avenue.
I love how it lets you know that ours is a neighborhood of many cultures.
Hopefully I will continue to get better and need to spend less time on the couch and more time at the sewing machine.

What a fun post! All of it looks wonderful (I almost missed that those noodles were handmade - amazing).
ReplyDeleteHome made noodles are actually not all that hard to make. It's like that tap-dancing trick where you tap and wave your arms around at the same time--and the audience always goes wild even though it isn't the hardest thing to do in tap-dancing. it's about as hard as rolling out a pie crust.
ReplyDelete