Oddly enough I am working away on two pieces in similar colors that are really different from one another. The brit milah pillow is coming along.
Beloved cousins are joining us for dinner.
I think that Trader Joe's had ordered kosher brisket for the wrong week I am guessing that they didn't quite get when Passover was -so I was able to get some for a song.
Here it is with a coffee and spice rub waiting for our oven to preheat.
After cooking and a time to hang out and cool in the fridge it was ready to slice.
I topped it with a homemade barbecue sauce. What was in it you ask??? I made it with a mix of sweet and salty vinegary and dark flavors, meaning ketchup and mustard and balsamic vinegar, silan (date molasses) and smoked paprika.
Our beloved guests are bringing fruit for dessert so I made a lemon non-dairy ice cream to go with.
It's bright and tart tasting and reminds me of the lemon frozen yogurt that used to be sold at The Spa in Harvard Square in the 1970's. That lemon frozen yogurt always made my mouth wake up bolt upright. Both of my taste testers approved of this ice cream.
Shabbat Shalom!
You can see how the appliques celestial elements will look against the text filled heavens. I was worried that the lettering was too dull but once I put the celestial elements against the background everything fell into balance.
I am having a blast with this piece.
The tallit now has stripes--but at this point only stripes.
I think that Trader Joe's had ordered kosher brisket for the wrong week I am guessing that they didn't quite get when Passover was -so I was able to get some for a song.
Here it is with a coffee and spice rub waiting for our oven to preheat.
After cooking and a time to hang out and cool in the fridge it was ready to slice.
I topped it with a homemade barbecue sauce. What was in it you ask??? I made it with a mix of sweet and salty vinegary and dark flavors, meaning ketchup and mustard and balsamic vinegar, silan (date molasses) and smoked paprika.
Our beloved guests are bringing fruit for dessert so I made a lemon non-dairy ice cream to go with.
It's bright and tart tasting and reminds me of the lemon frozen yogurt that used to be sold at The Spa in Harvard Square in the 1970's. That lemon frozen yogurt always made my mouth wake up bolt upright. Both of my taste testers approved of this ice cream.
Shabbat Shalom!
Comments
Post a Comment
I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.