Post Thanksgiving Shabbat


This was our table yesterday. We were joined by our machutanim- My son-in- law's family. I am so happy that they were able to join us from near and far.

We ate the foods one is expected to eat onThanksgiving, turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberries in many forms, and pies.

The stand out dessert this year was a pear and pecan pie. 

 Instead of laying pecans over a corn syrup based custard I made the custard part of the pie out of cooked pear puree thickened with tapioca flour and eggs. Perhaps someone else had thought of this amazing flavor combination before I did, but once you taste it, there is no going back to corn syrup.



As soon as I finished serving the turkey I tossed the carcass, the gravy and all of the vegetables used in cooking the turkey into the crock pot and that is Shabbat dinner.

The challot are left over from last week. I feel like I am left over from last week as well.

Comments