Right now the house looks calm and ready for the holiday.
I baked the cod and it is soaking in a spicy brown sugar and vinegar marinade. The carrot flowers are a nod to the carrots that usually garnish gefilte fish and just make me happy.
Another dessert needed to be made so I faked one.This is a wet apple,ginger rum cake. It only broke a little coming out of the pan.
I could pretend that this is what the house was like all day but that would be a lie.
I made cod for tomorrow's lunch.
I baked the cod and it is soaking in a spicy brown sugar and vinegar marinade. The carrot flowers are a nod to the carrots that usually garnish gefilte fish and just make me happy.
Another dessert needed to be made so I faked one.This is a wet apple,ginger rum cake. It only broke a little coming out of the pan.
Soon we get dressed to go to services. If you are in shul with us you will hear me blow shot at tomorrow and my youngest blowing shofar on the second day of the holiday .
Shanah Tovah!


Comments
Post a Comment
I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.