Food Friday Blog salad

I think my challot were as sick of all of the past few weeks of holiday and staged a protest by not rising.
Each challah is a brick. They will probably taste good but they sure are dense.

All of my kids and my daughter's intended will be joining us tonight so I made meringues, or as they are known around these parts, whities. Tonight's whities have been enhanced with bittersweet chocolate, raisins and rice crispies.


I scratched a dress making itch yesterday by turning a funky panel of black and white striped double knit into a dress.
It took a little while to figure out the stripe placement so the dress was flattering. four long darts provided shaping.
I am especially pleased that the stripes match and at every seam too.

This is probably a first for me. I wore the dress to a meeting last night. I love the early 1970's vibe the dress gives off. I felt very efficient and smart at the meeting. it must have been the dress.

One last note about yesterday's etrog jam. I found the perfect etrog seed removal tool. This slotted spoon with a forked front did a stellar job. 

My last pre -Sabbath image for you is a bit of nature in the bike lane. If you squint you can pretend that here is a field of wild grasses  on Amsterdam Avenue.

Shabbat Shalom!

Comments