The Last Gasp of Autumn


For a little while, it had seemed like autumn would just last forever.  


Over the past week or so  fewer and fewer leave have been hanging on to the trees.








 



The low sun in the afternoon sky glowing through the leaves is  just a joy.




But since I took those photos last week, it has turned into winter.


I cleaned the wax off of all of the Chanukiyot and put them all away until next year.




Our table will be filled this Shabbat. We are feeding our guests the contents of our crock pot.



I am not including a photo of the pinkie finger that I sliced in the making of dinner, nor a photo of my husband who hates the sight of blood bandaging me up.


We are now passing through to the other side of the darkest part of the year.




Shabbat Shalom!







Comments