An autumn Shabbat

 

Yesterday, I saw the best thing outside of Costco. Immediately I was flooded with memories of the bookmobile stopping near our house when I was little. (We were only a fifteen minute walk from the library and often made that walk even just without any adults. Yet there was something so great about that bookmobile).



As the leaves turn



I realize ,as I do every year,


 that I have a physical need to see leaves changing color.

































I am grateful that even my urban landscape  can feed this elemental need.


Shabbat starts in half an hour so I had better start typing quickly.

We are eating Shabbat dinner.





I  made chicken spiced with amba powder and sumac.





It was also a challah baking week.



I didn't take a photo of our pan of roasted string beans.



Shabbat Shalom to all of us.









Comments