Typing quickly

 Our son Sam's apartment in Ashkelon faced west. Our apartment on 98th Street also faces west. I can't help  but compare those two views.





My head and my heart are in both places at the same time.








On the mundane side of things, I had left most of my luggage in Ashkelon including the sort of useful wear everywhere dresses that are useful to take on vacation or just wear every day.

The other day I made a replacement dress.

It is a simple t-shaped dress, a variant on the sorts of dresses that I wore in the 1980s. I made this dress out of a remnant of fabric that had already become another garment. I don't know when I will see my suitcase that is in the spare room in Ashkelon again or what shape the contents will be in, but until then, I have stuff to wear.










We are eating meatballs tonight made with lots of fresh thyme.



I have been taking photos of fall foliage for my friend Racheley who misses fall foliage from her Boston years. 









I don't have any power to protect her sons who are in the Israeli army but I can send photos of these beautiful trees. 


It is an anxious Shabbat.























Comments