Play and work

 Yesterday my sister came to visit, partially to visit me but also to see


  


Alex's father was in my older sister's class in Hebrew day school. His uncle was in my class. When Alex talks about his family, we know the cast of characters. 



The performance took place in the Hudson Theatre a wonderful 1904 theatre which was also home to the Jack Paar Show.



A very enthusiastic usher told us the history of the theatre after we admired the beautiful glass light fixtures in the lobby. Why, yes they are designed by Tiffany Studios.


The show was wonderful. It is a long yarn of a story with many excellent detours along the journey.  The journey was extra delicious for knowing so much of the inside baseball of Alex's life but clearly, given the roars of laughter around us, but equally as good for people who didn't grow up in the same tiny world as Alex.



Like all people of his age group, Alex can take a good selfie. So there it is, proof that we were there.


I have been working away on the Schechter Mappah. My work methods have been a little unconventional. I suppose that most other people do one task from beginning to end before starting the next. I have not been working that way.



Below are the stages of edging the blue wool, a blanket stitch around the edge which provides a decorative hem, 



a row of couched turquoise rat-tail cord



a row of heavier dark blue rat-tail cord




and a second row of the turquoise cord.


I had all four stages of work going at the same time. It may not be the conventional way to get the job done, but it keeps me motivated to continue working. Ultimately, that is what matters. I need to get the job done.

Comments