Heading into second days---with some non food related work completed


 We hosted both Sedarim surrounded by friends and family. We were so sad to find out on the first day of the holiday that my beloved cousin David died in his sleep in Israel after a long period of decline.

Memories of my cousin  from my childhood when he was a glamourous grown up and I was a very little girl  have been swirling in my head since I heard the news.




Every year I emerge from the cooking Olympics that have kept me in doors to discover that it is actually springtime.




I could have been outside in shirtsleeves today.










Last night I mended three pairs of my son's pants.



Some of these pants have areas that are mostly mending threads and patches. This is the inside of the striped pants and the  archeology of the mends is on view.




I liked mending the checkerboard pants with a similar pattern on a smaller scale.




 My son's cellphone wears a hole in his front pocket.


I tried to mend the pockets while not narrowing the pocket bag opening too much to make it not useful.





I began work on a scarf for a client.




The salt pulls the dyes and creates a lovely prickled looking pattern. The colors will be lighter and more subtle when the silk dries.





I also started work on a tallit.





Most of the past several days this or variations thereof have been my lunch.



It is the marinade from the beet eggs, with a beet egg or two, a cooked  red potato, minced parsley or dill (my daughter brought us bushels) and a tablespoon or two of yogurt. It is a comforting lunch that I could serve to my ancestors and they wouldn't blink an eye. It would just feel so familiar to them.



Enjoy the rest of Pesach.








Comments