Getting ready to go on the road

 In just over an hour we depart for parts west.  This is a multi-part trip spanning three weeks.  We will be experiencing a range of climates and of course limited amounts of luggage. So the answer to that conundrum is layers.



I have been preparing by 

washing, pressingand mending this stack of cashmere sweaters. Some had moth holes that needed tending to, blown out armpits that were stitched up and a couple needed new buttons.


Yesterday i went to pick up a couple of necessities for the trip and found these 



completely disgusting and amusing gummy candies.



I wished that my kids had been at my side to share in my amusement.  I'm sure that we would have egged one another  on to fits of hilarity.

 We loved going to grocery stores together and being silly.





No I didn't buy any packages of the gummy junk food. The photos will just have to do. 



I was feeling a bit of anticipatory home sickness yesterday. Perhaps that isn't the right way of describing  what I was feeling.





I was feeling deeply fond of my neighborhood and the landscape that is part of my life here knowing that my eyes will be filled with very different landscapes during the next few weeks.






I actually actively hate the new building on the right but I love how it reflects the sky .



I just love how the curve of the tree branches frame this image.



The steeple of the Catholic church on 96th street shapes the sky.


Anyway.....despite feeling a fair amount of pre travel anxiety as i type this.. I am looking forward to this trip. I hope that I can post---stay safe, stay healthy all of you.


Comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.