A week of odds and ends

 Some weeks seem to be driven by a big project. This week was filled with bits of odds and ends.


Tanta Marcia brought over her late husband's tallit. The fringes had gotten grotty with time.



Some of the woof threads knots had gotten untied with time and others had simply worn away. 


My plan is to cut


off  the fringes---I used one of the stripes as my cutting guide.


I reinforced the cut edge with a machine zig zag stitch.


I will probably hand roll the hem---I had made one messy attempt that I will not show you. i pulled out that stitching and will try again soon.


I also bought some thin wool yarn and will make knotted tassels to edge the tallit. I am just talking things through to myself here, but some of the tallit wool has worn quite thin so I will need to keep the individual tassels quite lightweight. I ordered the yarn and it arrived the other day. i can start figuring THAT out next week.

I have made more mending progress on the 




tablecloth. Most of the mending is done. I will inspect and tie off all of the loose threads and see if I missed any weak spots.



Saturday evening we will be visiting on of my great nieces. Like many four year old girls she is heavy into the pink and shiny adoring stage of life. I am bringing her a quartet of scrunchies that I made this afternoon.


Scrunchie making is a satisfying way to use up pretty bits of fabric. 




I found this brand name of toothbrushes sold in the dollar store downstairs to be hugely amusing.


I also find pigeons  resting on the heads of statues to be amusing.




The video below is a reward for all of you with good Hebrew skills.  Shabbat Shalom!!!




Comments

  1. I love all of this. Getting little things done can feel so good. Snow starting up here, hoping for a restful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad. Sometimes getting through the small stuff gives me the courage to attempt the big jobs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.