Isru Thanksgiving

 Yesterday, my dear friend S gave me a gift for Thanksgiving. She cooked the entire feast, and invited our family. My only task was to enjoy the delicious food.


My sister who joined us  for the cooked most of the meal for tonight, leaving me with relatively little to cook tonight.


Our challot are stuffed with either poppy seeds or bits of dried apple.



The chicken is vaguely Thanksgiving themed, at least in my head flavored with apple butter, two diced apples the arils of one pomegranate and mustard. There were spices involved but I am typing too fast to remember which ones.

I made cranberry sauce. Your elementary school child can make it as well.



Wash a bag of cranberries. When I was a kid the bags sold had a full pound of berries now the cranberry bags only hold 12oz of berries.


Add to a microwave sage bowl with sugar. I added 4 T because a cup (as suggested on the package ) seemed excessive.


I also added two cloves and some ginger. You can add flavors that you prefer. Orange zest is nice but i don't have any oranges on hand.

Cover and nuke for



Then you end up with 



Yes, I will serve it one one of my mother's pretty cut glass bowls.



Foe more Thanksgiving fabulousness. here is a photo from 1932 of the 

Macy's parade going past my building .My building is next to the dog balloon's head.





Shabbat Shalom!!!

Comments