Small Pleasures

 Today's post is filled with small things that gave me pleasure today. These small things may not ring your chimes but feel free to add your own small pleasures to the comments.



My friend had handed down a large comfy cotton sweater in grey to me. I loved the cozy feeling of being wrapped in it but I didn't love that the cuffs flopped over my hands.  This morning I finally threaded the cuffs with black elastic thread. This is an easy-peasy fix that I have been thinking about doing for a couple of years but only got to today.





Now I can push the sleeves up and have them stay. 




I purchase  giant bottles of both blue and green dishwashing detergent so so when I refill the small bottle  that lives on the sink I can see the colors float on top of one another. This is a tiny thing that gives me a great deal of joy.


I went to purchase some vegetables for the holiday.

The little plaza in front of the subway station (which my husband has dubbed 'Spare Change Plaza') is ablaze with both golden foliage and blooming roses.




As I stopped to take these photos the pigeons that live on top of what used to be public bathrooms but is now an art exhibition space took flight.









The fancy Indian/Mediterranean fusion restaurant a block south of my apartment changed their Covid/Sidewalk shed decoration to autumnal from the yellow blooms that decorated the same space from forsythia season until just a few weeks ago.








All of this sooths my peevish soul. I have been feeling almost adolescently sulky about preparing for the last gasp of the holiday.


Comments