figuring things out and a bit of randomness

 Sometimes I don't even quite realize what a project is REALLY about until I am in the tick of working on it. Take, for example, Arianna's tallit.

Arianna was entirely clear about which ribbons from my stash I should use as the stripes on her tallit. As I began to work I thought that this was the major focus of the tallit. But as I worked I kept looking that the remnants of her grandfather's tallit.



Arianna was 100% clear that I should use her grandfather's atara and his pinot on her tallit. There is also one strand of tzitzit that I had dyed blue ---each of her brothers had her father each have one of those strands incorporated into their tzitzit.


This tallit is all about Arianna being part of her family. I needed to make the atara integrate completely with Arianna's ribbon choices.




I purchased a narrow royal blue ribbon so there is a better conversation between Arianna's choices and her grandfather's atara.


This is coming together nicely. I am however not going to speak directly about the mistakes that I had to fix.

My trusty tweezers and seam ripper together were really helpful in correcting some of those errors.



Although this bent sewing machine needle ( a different error) looks dramatic it only needed a quick change of needle as opposed to the hours of unpicking that the other unpictured error needed. 



This is starting to shape up into a tallit that I think will make Arianna happy.



And now some messages from the department of random stuff in my brain.




I found this eggplant in the supermarket last week. If I had some spare buttons in my pocketbooks I would have added them to the eggplant as eyes. Alas, you will just have to imagine them.


My childhood friend Sandy sent me some photos from our yearbook. 


My husband thought that I looked about seven years old here but I think I was fifteen, doing my homework at my desk. I am wearing jeans so this was probably taken on a Sunday.



This was my graduating class. I think that the directive was to wear rugby shirts. I think that the rate of compliance is about par for the course for my class. Yes, this is my entire grade. 

I added some photos to our digital photo frame.



















Shabbat Shalom!


Comments

  1. love reading and viewing your blog... shabbat shalom with much love and hugs!
    pcharte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending lots of love back to the two of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.