Out and About

 My aunt and cousin were in town and they invited me to lunch at a beautiful restaurant in midtown. I took the subway there but on the way to my subway stop, I took photos.





The next storm may blow all the pretty foliage away.


The little building with arches was built as a public restroom but is now a community art gallery with occasional shows.


 I got off the subway at Central Park South and 59th Street and then walked along the park.


I took these photos from the street looking over the wall along the park.


Central Park is as much a designed space as Disneyland. It is designed to be as photogenic as a beautiful young actress with no bad angles.



The restaurant we ate at was equally photogenic.

 The restaurant walls were lined with large serving platters.


This photo is from the restaurant website.

We ate in the room just beyond the glass doors seen in the photo above.





Each of the vases/lanterns was decorated with a pierced illustration of a new York city building or bridge.





The restaurant was so pretty that it would have been a wonderful experience even if the food was terrible and the company was bad. But the company was wonderful and the food delicious.


So despite having been a lady who lunched this afternoon, I was also a lady who worked. last night I made pecan pies.


I also have been putting in work on Liat's tallit.




Tomorrow our kids join us in person for Thanksgiving. Being able to celebrate together feels like a gift.

Comments