Random pretty things and Food Friday

 A post mostly about pretty stuff and a small bit about Shabbat dinner.

The other day I came across an old friend in the local thrift store.



In my house, growing up, this can housed Red Rose tea bags.  


Each side of the can was decorated with scenes from Israel. The mix of mid-century modern abstraction with the pretty and old-fashioned shape of the can make it very appealing.



Although the graphics were by a "famous Israeli artist" the candy makers failed to credit the famous artist. As a not particularly famous artist, my response is, "Grrr.". I was delighted to see the tin canister but did not purchase it.



The median strip in the middle of Broadway is maintained by a neighborhood group (and the parks department). The tulips are about to go to seed but look so much like the Warhol silkscreens of poppies.













I leaned over the bench to get close-ups of the tulips all while this grandpa and his grandson enjoyed one another's company. The two were so sweet together I asked if I could take their photo. The grandson was a little bit suspicious of me in this photo. I loved how the two of them were just intertwined, the little boy curling into his grandfather and the grandfather curving around the little boy. The two were having the sweetest conversation before I took the photo.

 
















Tonight we are having soup made out of two chicken frames leftover from two different Shabbat dinners and a bunch of vegetables.

 Unlike the Passover soup, this isn't a fancy soup.


We are also having meatballs.

 
A salad will be made after I finish typing. I hope to squeeze in a nap before dinner.


Shabbat Shalom!


Comments