Food Friday---Pesach looms

 In preparation for Pesach, our old kitchen curtain was taken down, hand washed and is now hanging to dry in our back bathroom.


Our new curtain arrangement is made out of an old linen tablecloth with drawn thread work and a large wear hole that I had mended a few years back. The linen in this cloth feels particularly unrefined and is a greyish white. I am sure that there is a name for this quality of linen.  I know that some of my readers will have a name for this type of linen.


The centerpiece of this particular curtain arrangement is the "My hearth is my pride" cabinet curtain that first showed up on this blog as a schmatta mystery.

The valance is made up of the self valance of the "My hearth is my pride" curtain and two 1950s embroidered placemats. The motifs on the placemats don't match but they are similar work in similar colors from the same era. 


 

This particular curtain sits on the fence right between charming and weird. Perhaps it is exactly the right thing for our second Passover in isolation.



Once again our challah is braided glazed white bread. Last week's version was probably the challah my husband has liked the most in a long time...and he is a man who hasn't found challah that he doesn't like.


For the past few days, we have been eating down our chametz and have been eating lots of odd meals.

Tonight we will be having meatloaf and vegetable matter that is still to be determined.

We plan to change the house over for Passover this weekend. It will be a harder task without the muscle power provided by our kids.

Shabbat Shalom


Comments