Only because I love you

 A couple of you asked to see me in the fabulous thrifted Babette jacket. Getting my picture taken is always a bit anxiety-inducing. 

 First, here is a photo of the jacket fresh from the washing machine, hanging to dry in our bathroom.


Just a moment about the fabric. I suspect that it is woven in Japan. Each stripe is woven in a different pattern. Weaving this stripe pattern, even on a mechanical loom is complicated work. The jacket looked pretty good just hung to dry. It was wearable but a bit of pressing would just sharpen the jacket up.


I also want to point out that a lesser designer would just match up the stipe patterns left and right and call it a day. Yes, that is how home sewers often identify a garment of quality.  But what the designer has done here actually takes more artistry.  Thought has gone into the visual composition of this jacket. The fact that the jacket isn't identical right to left keeps your eyes dancing across the surface of the jacket.



Here is the back view of the jacket.


A front view.


I will probably wear this jacket with the sleeves rolled up.
















Comments

  1. What a fun wardrobe addition! Thanks so much for the pics; it looks terrific on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. I look forward to having occasions to wear it...like in person synagogue services, or an evening at the theatre, or wedding receptions for all of the Zoom weddings we are attending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so like the peplum effect- wouldn’t nave noticed that without the modelling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.