A walk---mostly in the park

 My friend S and I have been meeting most Sundays for a long walk. We live just under two miles away from one another. We start out from our apartments and meet somewhere in the middle.


When I go out, I nearly always take my camera. I don't plan what I will take pictures of. 


As soon as I started walking south on West End Avenue the golden afternoon light shining through the leaves kept pulling at my eyes.


How wonderful are these colors??










The color kept me company as I walked.































I took notice of a couple of building gates until I met my friend.






We decided to walk to Riverside Park. As we turned the corner, we both noticed these beautiful window frames.


We both admired the windows and wondered if they were original to the building or not.


The windows on the top floor were lovely but didn't quite belong. We decided that both sets of windows must have been purchased at an architectural salvage yard. I feel so fortunate to walk with a dear friend who takes as much delight as I do in noticing pretty window frames.

We decided to walk north in the park.








We talked, as we always do. We pointed out pretty things to one another.




I used the restroom in one of the playgrounds and found this helpful sign on the wall.




We kept walking.








I kept stopping to take photos.

















 






























We then began to walk south again so my friend could head home.





We saw a late-season rose.








We went back to the city streets.








This large apartment complex has some terrific trees.











and some blooming roses.





I walked home on my own.











I continued my conversation with my friend in my head.













Comments