Yahrzeit

 


Today is my father's twelfth yahrzeit. In honor of the day, I am posting some photos of my father from the 1940s and 50s. He is completely recognizably himself in these photos. Those of you who only got to know him much later in his life will find much that is familiar here.


At Camp Massad


With his nephew Jimmy, circa 1952

With his oldest nephew, Jimmy circa 1952


On the beach in Miami


On the banks of the Hudson River


With a friend at the Jewish Theological Seminary. This expression is entirely typical.


In 1955 my parents took themselves on a trip to Europe and Israel. The next batch of photos is from that trip.






Playing at preaching in a Paris chapel


Paris



by the Kinneret



attending this wedding




Please note that my father is darker than the Yemenite groom. My father used to tan to dark.





Comments