Because -the pandemic




I cut my hair.



Luckily I have hair that is easy to cut. I have gotten two truly terrible haircuts in my life, not including the time I cut off a chunk of my hair when I was seven because it bugged me.


One terrible haircut I got when I was in my teens and the stylist decided that I was a "good girl" so he gave me a Buster Brown haircut. My mother, who was thrifty and normally had the attitude of " Just live with it until it grows out." had me get my hair re-cut within a few days. 

The other terrible haircut I got was from Astor Place Barbers. My first time there I had gotten probably one of the best haircuts I had ever gotten. It was glam and fun and brought out all that was best about my hair and my face. The second time I went, I asked for the same haircut. What I got instead was a mullet. the hair on most of my head was about an inch long with long strings stuff along the bottom. It took two years to grow out.

The haircut I gave myself is a little unrefined but has a good shape. I also didn't have to deal with a hairstylist berating me for not purchasing whatever treatment or service the salon is pushing that month.

Comments

  1. I totally understand about the haircuts. I got my last really bad one at age 15 and have been cutting my own now for 57 years. Sometimes requires a little trimming by me after the initial chop but that's okay. I've never butchered it as badly as the beauty shops did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have cut my bangs before-- but a full hair cut is anew pandemic driven activity. I had done a more cautious haircut about a month ago.

      Delete
  2. Nope - Even now I can't do it! I can cut anyone else's hair, but never was able to manage my own fine, stick-straight mop. Waited over 4 months for a cut from my favorite stylist to do it in her solo salon, masks, extra disinfecting, no blow-dry - it was worth it! My daughters had their stylist do outdoor cuts on the patio today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.