OUTSIDE!!!!!

Late last week, Mayor de Blasio announced that some streets would be closed to traffic to allow pedestrians to walk and more easily maintain social distance.

The last time I had been outside for more than a moment was April 6. A couple of Sundays ago I tried to take a walk but so many people were unmasked that I only made it three blocks before turning around and heading back home.

Sunday I decided to venture out.


It was a delightfully sunny day but after so many weeks inside, the world felt completely over-saturated in color.

 


The elementary school my kids graduated from welcomed me to my walk.


I had space to walk and enjoy being outside without worrying about getting dangerously close to others.




















I loved feeling the sun on my skin.




Friends had set up socially distant get-togethers.








I loved seeing the kids drawing with chalk in the middle of the avenue.




I loved how the shadows cast by the tree branches echos the leading in the pale blue window-lights.





Someone had set up a bubble machine in their apartment window.




The bubbles wafted north with me.




It felt so good to be outdoors.




Sunday was a day with many lovely parts to it.

In the morning our older son moved out. His planned move had been delayed by Passover and by the pandemic.

His friend picked him up in the morning with his SUV.



I got my last in person hug in.








The sky at last night's 7:00 clap was memorable.
My younger son and I have been blowing shofar most nights during the 7:00 pm cheer. I think we may both be really good by the time we get to Rosh Hashanah.


Comments