Two different sunsets

The other night I delivered the brit milah pillow to my friend. When I arrived at her office the sun was not yet setting but her building was glowing in that incredible late afternoon light that makes everything seem magical.
  The low sun picks up details in the masonry that otherwise get bleached out by full sunlight.





































After a warm chat, I made my way home.  It was a bit later, the sun was making it's way down in the sky.




While it wasn't a knock your socks off sunset it was still pretty.


I loved how the mundane was changed by the quality of the light and the shifted colors.







Last night we went out to celebrate my nephew's engagement and to meet his lovely bride. My husband and I walked north along Broadway. 









The sunset became spectacular. As we walked north more and more people stopped in the crosswalks to take photos.





















 When we crossed 110th Street I looked east and saw the sunset reflected in the buildings further east.


 We also saw reflections in the windows of the buildings closer to Riverside Drive.


The sliver of the sky was glowing red between the buildings but my camera was unable to capture that.



We arrived at our destination, met the bride to be and enjoyed spending time with family.


Comments