While there are many mitzvot that I do well I am terrible at counting the Omer. Each year on the second night of Seder my husband looks forward to counting the omer because it is the one time we know we always count it.
Although this year I have continued our family tradition of forgetting to count each day, our maror plant is still thriving.
Although this year I have continued our family tradition of forgetting to count each day, our maror plant is still thriving.
I am using the maror to mark our time from Pesach to Shavuot.
When I made my father's chicken soup for Pesach one of my readers commented about how much she detests turnips, one of the ingredients in our soup. I agreed with her that turnips on their own can be really dreary. We subscribe to Misfits Market. When you subscribe to Misfits you get a box of random organic fruits and vegetables. I get a box every other week. This week's box included two turnips.
I cooked tonight's chicken on a bed of shredded turnips and parsnips and onion. I added thinned down amba ( pickled mango paste) to the pan. The shredded vegetables were so good, my son and I kept stealing them from the pan until we forced ourselves to stop snitching. The amba and the chicken juice transform the worst qualities of the turnip into something really delicious.
It was my birthday earlier in the week and my youngest gave me this excellent gift.
It got a good workout today chopping all of our now roasted vegetables.
I played around with the braiding patterns on our challot, for no particular reason.
I did a little work on the tallit. I needed an aide so I could sew a ribbon in a straight line. If I were a different sort of a person, I would measure and pin the ribbon in place. I hate using pins. I usually forget about a few...but those pins come to find the soles of my feet when I am least expecting it. So if I can accomplish a task without the use of pins it makes me happier.
Instead, I did this.
My needle package was the perfect spacer.
Comments
Post a Comment
I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.