Done!!

At long last, this bag is done.

Frankly, I couldn't be happier.


So much thought went into each and every detail.

 The button my client had provided was beautiful, but not exactly the right color. You can see the original below.

I altered the button color using my secret methods and the color works much better now.

The purple velvet loop is made out of a bit of the first velvet I had ever purchased.  It's a silk/rayon mix. The loft I had purchased it from in the garment district is long gone.  The rest of the velvet has been used in little slivers in dozens of pieces I have made over the years.  

The inside of the loop is threaded with elastic.



The plant store down the street has begun putting out spring flowers.


If we had enough light in the apartment I would have brought some home. Alas, I will just have to enjoy these blooms on the street.



The gardening gloves sold a couple of blocks away looked like some sort of a flowering vine.

I had never noticed this particular bit of ironwork before. I love the bonus tree shadow.  Most of the builders in this neighborhood seemed to have worked from a small selection of ironwork designs. It's always nice to see something out of the ordinary. 



A dear friend is in the hospital. My husband and I packed up a lunch for his wife to eat as she sat vigil.  I packed in a small embroidered tablecloth. My husband scoffed at me but our friend loved this small bit of hominess.  The meal would have tasted exactly as good without the cloth but it was a good way to convey an extra bit of love.

Shabbat Shalom!

  

Comments