Department of Complaints Department

Well, this week has been something of what my son's special educators would have cheerfully called a challenge.

My cruddy cold has left me feeling like I have been hit by a truck so I have been watching more episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress" than I would care to admit. But it's all my teeny pea brain could handle as I lay on the couch and dozed.

My camera and my computer have not been on speaking terms which has made creating photos for this blog not possible.  After a bunch of searching on the internet, I coaxed my miffed camera to chat with its fellow electronic devices. Apparently, the Canon photo transfer software isn't very robust and like a touchy teen gets all snitty at very little provocation. ( My kids actually very little of that snitty behavior when they were teens).

I discovered this morning that my sensitivity to sesame is a full blown allergy. Techina is no longer part of my life. Why, yes, I am leaving out a whole lot of the story-- but I am leaving this topic.


I did make dinner.

 The date studded Moroccan spiced meatballs will be served with Amba (a pickled mango sauce that packs so many different flavors in a bite that it makes my head explode every time I taste it).

We loved last week's chicken made with chili pepper infused maple syrup and cranberries. It was so good I decided to reprise it but added a few swigs of pomegranate molasses to the pan. I assume that it will be even better than it was last week.



The Brussels sprouts are roasting in the oven.

  My hands have not been idle this week despite having the mental capacity of a sleepy lizard.

I have begun work on a tallit. I still don't know the dimensions of  the final tallit but  I had begun on the lettering
which will be added in curing stripes on the tallit.




My daughter works for a clothing manufacturer. They had produced a belt trimmed in black rabbit fur. They realized that the belts were not appropriate for sale.  My daughter gave me one of the belts. It was too weird to wear. I have a really wide latitude for off-beat clothing but the belt was beyond the pale. I loved the buckle but the black fur, well, it was a hard look to pull off.

A few days ago I ripped the fur off.

I covered the spots where the fur had been with super glue and then went to town.

Unfortunately, I don't own quite as many googly eyes as I thought I did. (This feels like this might be the first time that particular sentence was ever written) Beads and sequins had to do for the rest.
 I love this belt now.


I am looking forward to sitting down to our table full of people we love. Hopefully, next week's post will be less cranky.

Comments

  1. I have been away from your blog, but months ago it inspired me to get back to Challa making. I took a class on Challa at the Havurah Institute Aug. 2018, taught by Jonathan Rubenstein. He taught all the blessings, history and importance of Challa and then we made Challah for the whole group for Shabbat dinner. I have been making it, not every week though. Your two hands challot was what did it for me. I am also intrigued by your belt and your total way of seeing. Thanks so much, Walli

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.