and yes...even more challah

Why, yes there has been a whole lot of challah baking going on around here.
I had assumed the last batch I had made last Friday would last us through the rest of Sukkot, but I was wrong.
My youngest son started this batch last night and we let it rise overnight in the fridge.

I shaped them this morning and baked them this afternoon. Each strand is made up of the dough rolled out to a large rectangle and then covered with spices and cocoa and then rolled up and braided.

All week my sons and I have been tag-teaming the bread baking. One of us starts the dough and another one of the three of us forms the bread.  There have been some really delicious breads during the week, an impressive array of tiny pretty rolls, some pits, and some baguettes.

My youngest mentioned to me last night that baking bread is a nice way to impress someone without a massive amount of labor. We also in our family use the bread baking to be kind to one another during these stressful times.

Shabbat Shalom!

Comments