It has been unseasonably warm. Yesterday and today have been the kind of days that lure you outdoors. It is November and some people are wearing shorts
Yesterday, the call of outside took me to the local thrift store. I picked up a card of wide embroidered ricrac. often I think about my work while I am doing other tasks, like laundry or working out. My mother used to use ironing and vacuuming for her serious thinking time.
Today while out getting more stuff for Shabbat dinner I was charmed by the copper cornice on my building against the blue sky.
I love that the Blum brothers who designed my building took the time to even embellish the underside of the cornice. A beautiful touch that is probably ignored most of the time.
I love that the Blum brothers who designed my building took the time to even embellish the underside of the cornice. A beautiful touch that is probably ignored most of the time.
While doing task driven thinking time I realized that the ricrac would be perfect on one of the red challah covers I had begun a few days ago. Actually, perfect ignores an important intermediate step. The ricrac was predominantly orange with green, blue and yellow embroidery. It would be perfect, but with a fix.
I block printed in orange and blue on more of the red linen.
The red and orange would clash no more. I cut the long strips of block printed linen to be border strips. The ricrac covers the seam and embellishes the ribbon bound edge.
This is the last Shabbat of the fall that starts at a reasonable time, starting next week we enter the rush to Shabbat.
Comments
Post a Comment
I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.