A walk into town

 One of the great pleasures of being in New England is the opportunity to eat some of the local products. One thing I miss in New York is the world's best cottage cheese. Hood's has the perfect combination of curds and wet stuff. The curd size is perfect.  When I was a very little girl my usual at home lunch was a bowl of Hood's cottage cheese with raisins. Sometimes I added a dollop of sour cream. It's a very old fashioned Eastern European sort of a meal. Sustained by this snack my older son and I did the two mile walk to town.


We saw a chipmunk near our drive-way.


 These were some of the views along the way.


This is probably one of the cutest houses on the planet. I think a fairy tale character must live here.



Another beautiful New England farmhouse.

We got to Keepsake Quilting. I discovered that I am no longer a quilter. the store and the thousands of yards of beautiful quilting cottons had no interest for me. Quilting is how i got started in sewing, but it is no longer  of any particular interest for me.

Comments