How long does it take to sew a seam??
Well, that depends.
I have been trying to sew two strips of ribbon onto Jess’s tallit for the past two days.
I have been plagued by the dreaded terry cloth or rats nest of thread on the underside of the fabric.
Not only is the loopy knotted mess of fabric ugly, it's also weak and does a bad job of holding two pieces of fabric together.
So, how do you fix this sewing machine malady? Sometimes all you need to do is insert a new needle.
That didn't work.
The next thing to try is to open up and clean up the bobbin case. Often the trouble is a teeny bit of errant thread.
The process of opening up and cleaning out the bobbin case is time consuming. Sometimes you can find that little crumb of thread easily. Yesterday and today it took close to a dozen frustrating tries, unscrewing the needle plate. disassembling all of the bobbin parts and then putting everything back in place to test out the machine,see if EVERYTHING was cleaned out and then have to go through the whole process again because some tiny bit of thread was hiding.
I finally, finally got the job done.It wasn't a fun process.
Wishing all of you a Shabbat Shalom.







Comments
Post a Comment
I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.