What I did when I should have been cleaning my kitchen

I have ended up backing into making a couple of decisions that are actually pretty bonkers. My husband and another woman from our synagogue have been organizing Torah reading for the past nearly year and a half. On Simchat Torah they were honored as חתן תורה and כלת בראשית. (I am not translating the Hebrew because it requires too much explaining for not enough payoff for the sake of this post---if you really want to know, ask and I will explain) These are old fashioned lovely honors and you usually repay that honor by sponsoring a kiddush---the snack/lunch after services.



For lots of reasons of scheduling the only Shabbat that made sense to do this kiddush was this week. I am planning to change my house over for Passover this Sunday and the marathon cooking for Passover begins as soon as the house is switched over. I had also committed to baking cookies for 50 for an event in my building this past Monday.



I should have cleaning and organizing my kitchen this past week ---instead...


I have been on a mad cooking marathon for the past few days.


eggplant, broccoli and cherry tomatoes 


Zucchini and cherry tomatoes

I made five 20x14 inch focaccia.

Asparagus, fennel and red pepper




red pepper, asparagus and cherry tomatoes

I only took photos of four of them.


I made two full size steam table pans of quinoa salad. There are no photos, you just have to trust me on that. 



I cooked four Costco giant sized sides of salmon. this morning I also made a sour cream cucumber and dill sauce for the fish. 

I also baked more cookies.

























There will be other food at this kiddush as well. If you are in the neighborhood, come on by and have a bite to eat.


So what are we eating for Shabbat dinner??? When I filled up my freezer with packages of chicken bones for my Passover soup I found a package of mystery left overs. It may be chicken, it might be beef. I have no clue what is in that bag. Whatever is in that bag will be served for our dinner.



I am in desperate need of a nap.







And last of all a lovely Corona recording of the Arabic version of Echad mi Yodea as sung by the Moroccan Jewish community.


Shabbat Shalom!




Comments

  1. Thanks Irene! People LOVED the food---even before they realized that it was all home cooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mystery bag of meat in my freezer held the last of the tzimmes I had made for Rosh Hashanah-- in case you were dying to learn what we ate. It was delicious but light on actual meat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, just wow!!!! Exhausted just looking at all of these wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.