Walking and working ( but not at the same time)

I’m starting this post with some sights along Broadway, first this display of giant bears seems to me like it would terrify a small child.

Now that Chanukah is over the sun rises just a bit earlier and once again the early morning light bounces off the yellow brick facing of buildings on the west side of the street in a great way.

For some reason my camera had trouble focusing at first. I like this atmospheric looking shot.

And now, back to work, that is my work.
The havdalah bags are completed. One is being picked up tomorrow and the other two are available for purchase.

I am also working on Jane’s tallit using lace from her grand mother’s trousseau.
I have backed each of the lace strips with the silk and metallic shantung.



I had to repair some of the lace. Luckily I have had experience repairing other old lace.

The body of the tallit is a wonderful raw silk in a herringbone weave.
I am trying to pre plan for some construction issues I anticipate having along the way.

Comments