The easiest dress in the world on a bad model (me) and a bonus easy jacket

I have never had a post generate as many hits as Easiest dress in the world did. There were a bunch of request to have a photo of me in the dress.

So here it is.SAM_1060

A slightly closer view of the neckline.

SAM_1065

The weather is supposed to turn cool, so I made a little jacket to go with the dress.

SAM_1062

You can make one too. yes this is easiest to make in a knit. You can make this in a woven as well, but you need to make sure to leave enough ease so you can do things like move your arms.scan0003

This is the schematic for cutting.

I used my pink sweater as a guide for cutting. I wanted the sleeves to be wider, so I cut them wider.

SAM_1053

This is what you get after cutting.

 

SAM_1055

Then I cut open the front. Be careful that you only cut one layer.

SAM_1056

Cut a neck curve.

SAM_1057

Finish the raw edges any way that makes you happy. Wear.

SAM_1062

Comments