More treasures from Vivian

Vivian called, she had more goodies for me. I brought her the scarf I had made for her.  she loved the scarf. Vivian posed in front of one of the paintings in her living room to show me that the scarf had the identical colors.

 

I’m glad that my small way of saying thank you was appreciated.

 

I then was given a whole new load of treasures. The bag of hankies is going to have to wait. But the garments Vivian gave me, are each one of them, a treasure.

 

So here they are, a 1940’s coat or coat  dress in wool twill..

100_2958100_2959Don’t you just love the covered buttons ? I need to re line this dress which was purchased at Franklin Simon.

100_2964

 

This 1930’s velvet cloak needs a new lining , but it’s pretty glorious. I think that my daughter is going to own this cloak.

 

And then…there was this dress.

100_2960

It’s a grown up flapper dress. Clearly it was made for a matron. The beading is pretty wonderful.100_2961

100_2962100_2963

I need to figure out a moment to wear the dress. It’s pretty spectacular.

Comments

  1. oh wow!
    I am glad you showed the coat. I have been thinking of a coat idea, but not sure what style. When I saw that, I knew.

    So, now to start looking for the right fabric. :)
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.