A relative

Some crafts people create work in large runs.  I am a small batch creator. Challah covers might get made up in groups of three or four. They don’t come out identical but resemble one another the way children in a family do.  This challah cover comes from this family http://sewnewyork.blogspot.com/2011/07/matched-set.html. There might have been one more Challah cover in the set, but I made a dumb typo on one. ( I am so glad to be married to a man who can read Hebrew well and is good at catching typos.) So there is one less to this series than I had hoped.

My client for this piece is someone I know since childhood. I have memories of her as a very chic graduate student. I was about four at that point. Oddly and delightfully, we are now able to deal with one another as adults. There is something very sweet and powerful about working with someone with whom I have such a long history.
l'cha nancy

Comments