Small accomplishments

 There are a few small accomplishments that I have done in the last couple of days.


I had purchased this fabric a couple of weeks ago. it was incredibly inexpensive. It appealed to me because it looks like patchwork made on a serger--I know a completely sewing geekly sort of an appeal. At some point during warm weather I end up realizing that a few of my summer dresses have just died---and this year some of my summer dresses are still in my son's apartment in Ashkelon.


I ended up making this dress...a simple sheath with a couple of godets. Godets are the sewing term for extra fabric added to a seam to create volume.

 This is the dress. It feels like something that a mom would have worn during my childhood. The fabric is an activewear knit. Possibly one of my readers owns leggins or a bathing suit in this knit which is surprisingly cool.



The stylus of my phone broke off inside my phone. I figured out how to remove it and installed a new stylus which I had purchased when I thought I had lost my stylus. This makes me look ;ike a person who actually plans ahead.


I am not a particular organized human being. Earlier today I found a contract that a very organized person was looking for. It was in my email archives...because I was too lazy to go through all of my emails carefully read them and sort through them.




We were away until 5:00pm today.

I started cooking Shabbat dinner as soon as I walked in the door. We are eating chicken stuffed with limoo (dried Persian limes).


I cheated with this photo. The chickens are not quite done but I made them look a bit more done with color enhancement. They will be done by the time we eat.


Tonight's vegetables will be the contents of this pan ---but roasted in the same 400 degree oven as the chicjens.


I may still be able to make a carb. Fresh cherries are our dessert.





Shabbat Shalom!



Comments