Living Downwind From the Wildfires

 I had expected grey skies.



What I hadn't expected was the constant smell of a bonfire.


Right after I took this photo a woman who lives up the block who I have never met before stopped to commiserate about how weird everything felt. She remarked that the sky looked like the fetid sky of Cairo which apparently looks like this every day.


The weird yellow cast to the light is a little terrifying.



I haven't altered these photos one bit. There isn't a filter except for the one created by the smoke.


















These photos of the view from my living room were taken around noon. I can only imagine what it will be like later today.



And we are hundreds of miles away from the fires. Wear your masks...be careful out there.

Comments

  1. The haze from those fires has made it as far south as Alabama. But we're just hazy...although there is a hint of woodsmoke now and then in the air. Wild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I am concerned haze is okay... it's the weird orange light that terrifies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.