In Full Passover Mode

 This week has been a whirlwind of hard work.


My excellent shopping adventure ( which included the purchase of this fabulous play set)


was followed by a day of really hard work.



Yesterday I strained and squeezed out the soup.


I took this photo after the net bags of chicken bones had been removed from the pot but before I had done the hard work of squeezing every bit of flavor out of the vegetables and bones.

The bones and vegetables were reduced to this sad and ugly mess.  I have no photos of the 16 quarts of beautiful clear soup. This was probably the beast soup I have ever made. Having  18lbs. of bones to 24 quarts of water makes for a really rich soup.

Today I  got the stuff I needed to make charoset.




I made both a no-nut version and a many nuts version.





Yes, I used the food processor.  Both versions are delicious and should improve after marinating in the fridge for a week. If you want to know what I put into the charoset, just ask.


Chickens got cooked after dinner. Two are finished and two are still in the oven.


The hardest part of the cooking is over. There is one more large slab of beef that needs to be cooked. Side dishes need to be made, some vegetarian alternative need to be figured out and made. As the days go closer to Passover I will switch gears and start making desserts

Comments