zeh v'zeh

Today is my mother's third yahrzeit.  I went to Shacharit and led p'sukei d'zimra. I began services with מודה אני, singing it the way my mother used to when I was still sleeping in a crib. I ended p'sukei d'zimra using one of the melodies I sang to my mother as she was dying.

We have been swamped with wedding related stuff but I needed to see my doctor on the Upper East Side. Her office had moved and on the way, I saw two familiar sights.
Far-N-Wide used to be one of my favorite stores on 86th street. I used to visit during my lunch hours while I was working at the 92nd Street Y. The store was filled with jewelry from around the world that I lusted after. I bought some gifts there for friends but never bought anything for myself.

Good friends of mine from college lived in I think the red apartment building. It felt like I was seeing old friends next to one another.


This carrot was in this week's chicken soup.

And in our pre-wedding clean up we came across a collection of my father's ID's.



Comments