Some things that make me happy

1. When I left the house this morning  the light was spectacular.

2. I had to deliver something to my synagogue. I was greeted by this.

There is something about the reflection of light through stained glass that is nearly always better than the stained glass itself.

3. I had done so much cooking before Rosh HaShanah that most of our meals during the first days of Sukkot will just be pulled out of the freezer. I am cooking a big chicken soup in the slow cooker and have two chickens in the oven, but they took so little effort that it almost does not feel like actual cooking.

4. I remembered to scan these two seasonally appropriate photos.
My sisters and I in front of our house on Presidents Lane showing off our lulav and etrog. Because I am the youngest I have strong visceral memories of wearing each of the garments in the photo.

My older son just walked by and commented that he looked cute in a skirt. My son and I looked remarkably alike as little kids. Those of you who knew my son as a little kid just need to visually plop a baseball cap  on this photo of me and you will understand what I mean.

Chag Sameach!

Comments