Mostly textile related Passover Prep

Not all Passover prep is cooking, baking and shopping. Other things need to take place as well.
Napkins for both Seders (and accounting for spills and accidents)are washed and ironed. If my mother were alive she would have pointed out that they are not dinner napkins but luncheon napkins. They are luncheon napkins. If that fact distresses you too much to join us at Seder I am sure you can find other accommodations.

I also ironed the afikoman bag I had made about fifteen years ago.

My husband will have a pillow covered leaning chair to his left during Seder. This beautiful circa 1920 pillow case will adorn the pillow this year.


I just love the design the colors and the workmanship on this pillow cover. Some of the handcraft magazines of the era suggested taking such rustic embroidered pillow covers with you when you traveled to the country to decorate your otherwise bare cabin and make it feel homey. Deliberately rustic work was often used for this sort of decoration. 

I am using these doilies on my cookie trays. Why use paper when one has such treasures at hand?


I never would have imagined myself to be the sort of person who not only used doilies  but has a vast collection of them. I also never in my wildest dreams would have thought of myself as a woman who would starch and press her doilies. I never set out to collect them but they seem to show up at my house. I like honoring the women who made them by using them. 

I also never would have imagined that I would be the sort of person who owns embroidered fingertip towels, but I am, so i will be putting them out for our guests to daintily wipe their fingertips.
I had thought that I might be able to get away with no cooking or baking today...but
more tapioca flour rolls got made.


I also made a batch of the walnut cookies as jelly tots.
They are much improved. A bit of Turkish cuisine meeting New England cookery. It's a nice marriage. Perfect with our post dinner tea.
Shabbat Shalom!

Comments