Busy, busy, busy

With this and that.

This is some of the this, adding color to Isabel’s invitations, and the reply cards, and the thank you notes.

SAM_3665

This is more of the this…

SAM_3675

 

Couching silver cord to cover letters for an atara.

SAM_3673

 

The cord is too fragile to use for embroidery, so I’m hand couching it. I could have done the couching by machine, but ultimately it is easier to work in small spaces when you work by hand.

SAM_3679

Couching is a fancy word for stitching down  decorative cording with tiny stitches.

 

And an inexplicable that:

I have tried three times to purchase the Family Circle book from this series that is about clothing. Each time I have gotten this volume from the series….

SAM_3680

on gardening. No, this is not all that useful for me living six flights above ground level.  I am going to put it in the give away bookshelf in my building’s basement.

And this is the breakfast I have been eating most mornings.

SAM_3663

It’s sort of the opposite of a smoothie. I guess you can call it a roughie. It’s an orange, some almonds cranberries and a couple of dates, and it’s delicious.

 

I am incredibly grateful that my dear friend, Marcia has invited us for Shabbat. It has been a hard week. It’s so good to have a friend call up, acknowledge that it has been a hard week and then extend an invitation. There will be some cooking tomorrow, just not a giant escapade of cookery.

Comments