Food Friday-

When I graduated from college I moved to New York. My first full-time job was at the 92nd Street Y. When I say full time, that isn’t quite correct. I had a buffet of part time jobs at the Y that allowed me to put a roof over my head.  I loved the variety in my work week. I think that the book keepers at the Y must have hated me because I was working at so many different pay scales all at the same time.

One of my jobs was running an every day after-school group for kids ages 3-6.  Tonight one of my favorite kids from that group is coming for dinner. I haven’t seen him since he was 5.

This is what we will be eating tonight. we hare having pomegranate chicken.

SAM_3260

I cooked the chicken with freshly squeezed orange and lemon juice and then topped the whole thing with pomegranate molasses. I added the pomegranate seeds  and they will soften when the chicken is reheated.

We are also eating curried rice with mushrooms and apricots.

SAM_3264

 

For dessert I made a cranberry and apple pie in an oatmeal/almond crust.

SAM_3266

All of this was cooked in my now, working oven. I love having an oven that works.

Don’t worry, I do plan to make a green salad.

 

Shabbat Shalom!!

Comments